Notice is hereby given that the 48th Annual General Meeting of the St Andrew’s Parent-Teacher Association (“SAPTA”) will be held on Saturday, 24 March 2017, 12:30pm at:
SCHOOL AVA ROOM
ST ANDREW’S JUNIOR SCHOOL
2 FRANCIS THOMAS DRIVE
- Welcome and Opening Address by Chairman.
- Adoption of Minutes of the 47th Annual General Meeting held on 29 March 2017.
- Matters arising from the Minutes of the 47th Annual General Meeting.
- Presentation of the Chairman’s Report for 2017
- Adoption of the audited Statement of Account for the year ended 31 December 2017.
- Appointment of two (2) Honorary Auditors for the ensuing year.
- Appointment of Honorary Legal Advisor.
- Presentation of Appreciation to outgoing Committee Members.
- To transact any other business which prior notice has been given to the Honorary Secretary at least 7 days prior to the AGM.
Submissions should reach the Honorary Secretary no later than 16 March 2018 and addressed to:
The Honorary Secretary
St Andrew’s Parent-Teacher Association
c/o St Andrew’s Secondary School
15 Francis Thomas Drive
By Order of the Executive Committee (2017/2018)
Deborah Lee, Chairman SAPTA
Please take note of the following:
In consideration of our environment, the Notice of AGM, Minutes of Meeting, Statement of Accounts and Chairman’s Report will not be mailed to members.
These documents are available for download in the links below. We will, however, be pleased to mail a set to you upon request.
Minutes of 47th AGM of SAPTA – 29 March 2017
SAPTA Financial Statement2017
On-line Registration of Attendance of AGM
If you are attending the 48th Annual General Meeting, please register online at this link:
First come first served for the first 30 pairs of fathers and sons.
For registration, please WhatsApp Max Lim at +65 9763 0253.
The Beginning of Term Service held today was a miracle, considering how the Northeast Monsoon brought persistent rain just the day before, and how the rain in Changi this morning was held away from the skies over Potong Pasir, so that the outdoor service for St Andrew’s Junior and Secondary School could be conducted in cool, dry conditions.
Parents, Alumni, Staff and Boys were all looking forward to the familiar reminder of yet another fresh year–
- New Primary 1 boys and their parents joining the family of the Saints
- A new cohort of Secondary 1 boys doing the Crossover Run
- Secondary 3 boys in their long pants
- New Alumnis coming back to witness and help in the Beginning of Term Service
And in singing the School Hymn, remembering:
Before us and beside us,
Still holden by Thy hand,
A cloud of unseen witness,
Our elder comrades stand;
One family unbroken,
We join with one acclaim;
One heart, one voice uplifting
To glorify Thy Name.
For more pictures and video about the service, check out our Facebook page.
After the Beginning of Term Service, the parents of the Secondary School boys were hosted to a breakfast, while the parents of P1 boys attended a talk by SAPTA on how to support our sons in primary one.
SAPTA’s Dads Coffee Club organised a Kukup Trip on 10-11 November 2017 for our dads and sons to bond over a range of fun activities.
Over the two days, the dads and their sons bonded over meals, fishing activities, games, and even a hike.
Benjamin Tan, who was there with his dad, John, said, “The whole trip was awesome as I get to do a lot of stuff with my dad like fishing, playing pool, ebiking and visiting fish farm!”
John felt that it was a purposeful 2-day-2-night trip, where he got to spend some quality time with Benjamin and get to know him better. “It also allowed me to do activities which I don’t normally do with him. Great trip!” he quipped.
Tan Yan Kit, dad to Yuan Zong, shared that his teenager found the trip very fruitful because he was able to experience new things like playing pool, fishing and visiting a kelong. Yuan Zong wanted even more father-son bonding activities for the next trip!
If you’re interested to find out more about our Dads Coffee Club programme, do leave your contact with us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.