This talk is designed for parents to start open and honest conversations on healthy sexuality, love and relationships with their children. Talking about sexuality can make even the most confident parent nervous. Studies have shown that parental involvement has a tremendous impact on a child’s sexual decisions and identity. This candid and interactive values-based talk aims to equip parents with the skills to start these conversations in a safe and natural manner to help their children make wise decisions in their relationships.
Date: 31 March 2016
Time: 8.00am – 10.00am
Subject: Understanding Healthy Sexuality Talk for Parents
Venue: Centre of Excellence, SASS
Speakers: Mr Benjamin Lee and Mrs Dinah Lee
Benjamin and Dinah have been married for over 23 years and their favourite role is to be parents to their 20-year twins. Benjamin currently serves as Head of Sexual Wholeness with Focus on the Family Singapore where he works with people working through issues of sexuality both in opposite-sex attraction and same-sex attraction. He is also a Master Trainer for Focus on the Family Singapore’s Marriage Mentoring Training. He has spoken on parenting for Dads for Life and for 938 LIVE radio.
Benjamin studied in St. Andrew’s Junior, Secondary and Junior College, and lived in St. Andrew’s House. He holds a Bachelor’s degree from Australia and a Masters degree from the U.S. He started out in a big six accounting firm and also worked in the mobile IT industry. He also served as a pastor where he mentored singles on courtship and romance. He is also the founder of Hope Centre (Singapore), a voluntary welfare organization. He has also served as a Deputy Registrar of Marriage and a Licenced Solemniser.
Dinah started her career in public relations consultancy after graduating from university in Australia. As Dinah is a keen family-life advocate with a strong passion for enriching marriages and equipping parents, she later became a family life pastor. Dinah currently serves as Head of Family Networks with Focus on the Family Singapore and is also a Master Trainer for Focus’ Marriage Mentoring Training.
All parents are welcome!
PTA members who are interested in attending the talk, please email directly to: email@example.com
NOTICE is hereby given that the 46th Annual General Meeting of the St Andrew’s Parent-Teacher Association (“SAPTA”) will be held on Thursday, 24th March 2016, 6.00pm at:
ST ANDREW’S SECONDARY SCHOOL
CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
15 FRANCIS THOMAS DRIVE
- Welcome and Opening Address by Chairman.
- Adoption of Minutes of the 45th Annual General Meeting held on 7 March 2015.
- Matters arising from the Minutes of the 45th Annual General Meeting.
- Presentation of the Chairman’s Report for 2015
- Adoption of the audited Statement of Account for the year ended 31 December 2015.
- To transact any other business which prior notice has been given to the Honorary Secretary at least 7 days prior to the AGM.
Submissions should reach the Honorary Secretary no later than 17 March 2016 and addressed to:
The Honorary Secretary
St Andrew’s Parent-Teacher Association
c/o St Andrew’s Secondary School
15 Francis Thomas Drive
By Order of the Executive Committee (2015/2016)
Please take note of the following:
In consideration of our environment, the Notice of Annual General Meeting, Minutes of Meeting, Statement of Accounts and Chairman’s Report will not be mailed to members.
Instead, the above-mentioned documents are available for download below:
We will, however, be pleased to mail a set to you upon request.
On-line Registration of Attendance of AGM
If you are attending the 46th Annual General Meeting, please register online at this link:
SAPTA is proud to be bringing you the Parents’ Learning Festival 2016! We encourage strong participation from all parents as this will no doubt teach parents the secrets to knowing what our boys are learning in school, techniques of teaching our boys, how the boys can study more effectively and to make them even better students! Details of the festival are set out below:
|Date:||Saturday, 5 March 2016|
|Cost per participant: $10 (SAPTA Member) / $20 (non-SAPTA Member)
– Printed materials of the workshop (materials will not be uploaded on school website)
– Light refreshments provided
|Registration:||1. Online Registration (18 February – 2 March 2016)
– Click on this link or log on via the school website to register and select your choice of sharing for the 2 sessions (first-come-first-serve basis)
– Parents will have to register with the child’s BC number.
– Kindly keep a copy of the e-ticket
– Drop your cheque (payable to “ST ANDREW’S PTA”) into the PLF 2016 Box located at the General Office
– Indicate your son’s name, class and e-ticket no. at the back of the cheque
– Proceed to the counter (at the school porch) on Saturday, 5 March 2016 to register your attendance and collect your writing materials
If you are not already a SAPTA member, it is still not too late to sign up as a SAPTA member to enjoy the attractive discount on the cost of this festival (as well as many other perks of being a SAPTA member). All you have to do is submit the completed membership form (downloadable from Sapta New Membership Form 2016) with your membership fee, together with your payment for Parents’ Learning Festival 2016 to enjoy the discount.
Alternatively, you can submit your new Membership Form via filling up this Google Form.
We look forward to having you join us on this learning journey!
Up and On!