SAPTA was originally known as the “Parents-Teachers Group” when it was an affiliate of the School’s Old Boys’ Association. It was on 11 December 1970, when registration provided for the establishment of an independent organisation now known as the ‘St Andrew’s Parent-Teacher Association’. Inspired by its roots, SAPTA’s stated objects remained very much the same:
- To assist St Andrew’s School in the advancement of good education
- To serve the needs of students of the school
- To promote mutual understanding and co-operation between parents and teachers of the School in pursuit of these objectives as well as to take other action appropriate for the attainment of these objectives.
- The erection of the pedestrian bridge over Toa Payoh Road by the Public Works Department
- The introduction of Group Accident Insurance Scheme for students at a nominal premium of $3 each
- The presentation of book prizes to students who have shown the most academic improvement
- The presentation of annual scholarships to needy students
Scholarships that today are still being presented by SAPTA to students each year.
In 1973, SAPTA raised $75,000 towards the St Andrew’s Junior College Building Fund and the St Andrew’s School Physical Development Programme through the sales of Donation Draw tickets.
We are proud of our history, and today we continue to embrace all the original objectives of SAPTA, evolving our programmes and initiatives to assist the School, our Students, Teachers and Parents.
Our Past Chairmen
1973 Mr Fok Tai Loy
1981 Mr Seah Hark Loy
1982 Mr David Brown
1983 Ms Linda Sandosham
1984 Mr Singa Retnam
1987 Ms Rosemary Chen
1989 Mr Victor Cheung Chee Wai
1995 Mr John Yap
1996 Mr Richard Koh
2003 Mr Lau Kok Yin
2005 Mr Alfred Wong
2006 Mr Sunny Seah
2009 Mr Jemmy Ong
2013 Mrs Sharon Naidu-Lim
2015 Mr Tan Yan Kit
2017 Mrs Deborah Lee